life noun the period between birth and death; the experience or state of being alive
My uncle just passed away on Monday, in the wee hours. I'm not really close to him cuz since he's been showing mental degradation a few years back, it was hard for me to communicate properly with him and especially so when I'm not fluent in Hokkien. Nevertheless, I was still upset over his passing on and I couldn't make it for his funeral in Malaysia due to my ongoing exams. He always bought nice tidbits for us when we were young, and when he was in better health and mental condition. He always gambled with us and made us lose money to him too. Those were just the days I'm gonna remember him as.
I was also upset because it got me thinking about my parents, about all those whom I love. I guess as we grow older, it is something inevitable and we gotta learn to handle death as it comes. It is something not by choice because this is just life. It is almost like we're living in the matrix. We die and we move on to another place.
I guess it is the physical attachments we have in this world that make death so forbidding to some.